Sunday 28 June 2015

Camp Notice # 1


Room 6 @ CAMP KAITAWA 2015
Notice #1
UPDATE – 24th June
Dear Parent/Caregivers

I have had a few queries about camp recently plus I need to collect a bit of information from parents to help with my planning so here is the official update.

Room 6 will be visiting Camp Kaitawa near Lake Waikaremoana in November.  It is a fantastic area for an outdoor education experience as it provides a range of activities to suit all abilities and it will be a wonderful venue to celebrate a year’s learning.
·         Dates booked are 17th - 20th November (3 nights, 4 days). 
·         The camp is approximately 185km from Haumoana.
·         Transport will be by minivan and/or private vehicle depending on parent numbers and support.
·         Activities may include:  kayaking, swimming, caving, confidence course, cooking and team challenges and bush walks.
·         Pupil Contribution - preliminary estimate $190 per child.  This does not include any fundraising.  Automatic payments can now be arranged with the office to ensure full payment before camp.
·         Early feedback from parents has shown a lot of interest in attending therefore a ballot may be required.
·         Any parent wanting to be involved in menu/food organisation, please contact me.

Fundraising
·         Fundraising activities started last weekend and there will be more events planned for the next term.
·         Funds raised from these weekend activities will be allocated proportionally to reduce the costs of those students/parents directly involved.
·         If you have any ideas for fundraising please contact me at school.

Please complete this brief survey and return this form to me by 30th June.
(This survey is to indicate expressions of interest only and is to assist me with planning)

Thanks for your support
David Barclay

Room 6 @ CAMP KAITAWA 2015 Survey

Name of Parent: ______________________  Phone: ______________  Email: _____________________
Ÿ       I would like to and am able to attend Camp Kaitawa 17th-20th November 2015
Ÿ       I can transport ____ children to and from Camp Kaitawa.
Ÿ       I can supply and tow a covered trailer to and from Camp Kaitawa.
Ÿ       I have first aid certification.
Ÿ       I have outdoor education qualifications.
Ÿ       I would like to help organise fundraising activities to help subsidise camp costs.
Ÿ       I am physically able to participate in ALL activities.

Ÿ      
Other relevant information.